JCC Plenary Hall.9/2/2011.
Janet is a statement.From Black Cat,Nasty,to If,Janet has proved that flop albums can't stop her from being THE JANET JACKSON.And since the second I saw her at that stage,I kept thinking "She's no female Michael Jackson,she's JANET";"Seriously,who can beat Janet?";and on and on and on.
Janet got me with "All For You",and basically all her singles after All For You,her third latest album "Damita Jo" is a let down,after that came 20 Y.O (I can remember how bad it was),and of course,"Discipline",with Discipline Janet got me once again,Feedback,Rock With You,Luv,and a string of great songs in a great great album,Janet was back,however the public reception wasn't exactly like mine.But since I just saw Janet right in front of my eyes,yes,she's still the greatest.
Janet performed quite an opener,about 7-8 of her hits from her early career back to back,from one hits into another,crazy choreography,from Pleasure Principle to ,of course,FEEDBACK.First act,she was in this leather metallic body suit,looking super freaking hot.Her swag is serious like a first day period,you got it right this time Janet.
Second act,the ballads,from my favourite Nothing(which no one knows,so I was kinda ecstatic by myself),to Let's Wait Awhile(The crowd was singing along),to AGAIN(yes,Janet owned this one).Her costume is beautiful,pink gown with the bedazzled shoulder pad,again,she's just beautiful.Her voice is so damn stable,and I love how she just sat down and still totally owned the songs.
She went out,the stage was empty,slideshow of janet's photos was on,we were waiting for a quite long time before she emerged with *drumroll* DOESN'T REALLY MATTER,NASTY,ALL FOR YOU,ESCAPADE,and the crowd went crazy.Sadly,she wasn't performed the songs fully,but nevertheless,they sounded amazing,you still can feel her power and energy throughout the entire stadium,Janet is crazy,and in this set,people actually gone mad,and I literally LOST my voice just in 20 minutes.
When you think the climax is over,Janet was back rock and roll rendition of IF,RHYTHM NATION,BLACK CAT,and yes,SCREAM(with Michael Jackson in the big screen,the performance was flawless).If this is sex,this act is the second orgasm in-a-row.And kudos to the band,I was having the time of my life.
And this is not a Janet's concert without Together Again,she left us with Rhythm Nation,and gave us an encore,performing Make Me and Together Again.Together Again is a very special song to me,and to see Janet performing it live,a tear or two is completely understandable,and to make it more dramatic,Janet put the picture of her and Michael in the big screen while performing this song,just imagine how beautiful it is.

Although the concert is very minimal,all stripped down,no fancy props,Janet showcased her unbeatable dancing skill,her beautiful vocal,amazing set of costumes,and all the hits back to back.Sadly,pauses were too long,and she didn't perform one of my favourite song ever,I Get Lonely,which I really wanted to hear at the concert.However,who cares,I saw Janet with my own to eyes.
p/s : I got the images from the Manila concert from http://blogs.stylebible.ph/rajosblog/2011/02/05/the-janet-jackson-experience/ .All the costume are exactly the same,the stage is the same.I'm sorry I didn't take any photos because I really enjoyed the concert (seriously why taking photos while enjoying concert that great)