
"It takes a legend to make a star."
Prologue
Let me start with how much I adore Aguilera,and how I end up liking everything with her name on it.Bionic,the worst selling album of her career,is my jam of the year.Her worst single of all time,"Not Myself Tonight" bombed my iTunes since it's released.And for Burlesque,I was eagerly anticipating this movie,knowing that the movie would suck big time.No need to prove,I am her biggest fan,even at the lowest point of her musical career,and probably the lowest point of her entire entertainment career.
Review
Burlesque is a fast-paced musical,and yet,I feel the movie was moving too slow,everything is just carelessly thrown into the plot,some songs are forced to be in the movie,and its' script can't make up for weak storytelling,which is the biggest problem of this musical flick.And of course the film has something to dig for,the musical numbers are amazing,Christina's voice falls right in,and the ending saves the movie from becoming all around cliche.But what kind of idiots come to the movie just to see Christina performing the songs,they want to see the greatness beyond Aguilera,and the expectation will fall short.Cher,playing the host of the burlesque club,has managed to maintain her no-expression face in the entire movie,her botox did all her acting,and she ends up looking like Proffesor Snape from Harry Potter in drag with bad acting although I love her rendition of "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me",the best song out of the whole movie.However,when you're completely blackout by Cher's acting and Aguilera's mediocre debut,you have Stanley Tucci,channeling his inner gay(hello,devil wears prada).He was completely in flair,and provides quite a surprise.In the end,I don't care about how lame the execution of the movie is,or how Cher's face never change from the beginning to the end,all i want to see is how Christina rocked how 50's costumes,sang her ass out,and danced like she is.Yes,I guess I am one of those idiots.

Verdict
A good musical can incorporate the songs perfectly into the storyline,Burlesque does not.The story itself is weak,the script is even weaker.Christina rocked the house with her voice,I love her Etta James rendition the most.Cher has the best song in the movie,but all I remember is how stiff her acting was.Burlesque,overall,is a mediocre.But if you have time,the movie is quite a ride,enjoy some Christina goodness,and challenge yourself to make a creative Cher jokes.
3/5
